Truth, Learning, Justice, Respect, Community.
Historically, Catholic schools in Australia were established for the specific purpose of educating students from the Catholic community. This mandate has not changed.
However, changing conditions today, such as greater awareness of human dignity and human rights and a growing spirit of ecumenism are calling for changes in schools’ enrolment policies. From the standpoint of faith, Christ’s openness to all people, especially the disadvantaged and those subject to prejudice, is the spirit that informs decisions about enrolments.
St Andrew’s Catholic College is committed to educating students from the Catholic community. These, along with members of the wider community, are welcome within the Catholic College, provided they show some understanding of and commitment to, Catholic beliefs, values and practices, as articulated in the College’s Principles and Mission Statement.
Enrolment procedures will reflect the need to maintain the Catholic spirit and identity of the College.
Enrolment procedures, modelled on diocesan guidelines, are inclusive and accepting of students with diverse needs.
Enrolment numbers will be in accordance with the master plan for the student population, as approved by the Board of Governance – Education.
Consideration of enrolment priorities should be given to
- Siblings of existing and former student members of the school community;
- Students in Catholic primary schools wishing to transition to Catholic secondary colleges. Similar consideration will be given to Catholic students transitioning from rural and remote areas not serviced by a Catholic school;
- Catholics who participate regularly in the celebration of the Eucharist;
- Policy: Enrolment of students in Catholic schools – three;
- Catholics who commit to the values of the Catholic Church;
- Participating members of other Christian churches;
- Christians who commit to the values of the Catholic church;
- Those persons not affiliated with any Christian church, who commit to the values of the Catholic Church;
- The Principal will have the discretion to review enrolments concerning particular community pastoral care considerations in response to community need and makes decisions within the available staff and community resource.