St Andrew’s Catholic College is situated on 25 acres of pristine tropical gardens within the Redlynch Valley region of Cairns and provides academic and co-curricular facilities for approximately 1700 students.
St Andrew’s Catholic College consists of three sectors all on one campus.
- Junior Years Prep – Year 5
- Middle Years Year 6 – Year 9
- Senior Years Year 10 – Year 12
The College has a highly successful academic Prep – Year 12 curriculum including a full range of QCAA/ATAR subjects along with Vocational Educational and Training (VET) pathways. The College has a strong record of results in academia, honours and extension classes. The College also employs a dedicated Defence Transition Aide for Defence families and an Indigenous Liaison Officer.
Students enjoy extensive extra-curricular programs, sporting opportunities and language programs (Japanese, French, Italian and Chinese). The College is a Centre of Excellence in Music and Performing Arts. We also have a state of the art Vocational Education and Trade Training Centre.
St Andrew’s Catholic College places a strong emphasis on the Gospel values of respect, outreach, service and inclusivity
The staff and students are privileged to enjoy the following quality facilities and resources:
- All Saints’ Chapel
- All Saints’ Theatre
- 2 Libraries
- 2 Tuckshops
- Music Centre
- Dance & Drama Studio
- Creative Arts Centre (including Visual and Practical Art, Film and TV, Photography)
- Commercial Kitchen and Café
- Trade Training Centre
- Modern Science Labs
- 5 College Sporting Ovals (2 under lights for night time training)
- Basketball and Netball Courts
- Outdoor playgrounds
- Specialised Learning classrooms
- 1:1 Laptop provision Year 7 – 12
- Computing devices (laptops/iPads) Prep – Year 12
- Innovative Learning Management System (AndIE)
Future Building Program
As our student enrolments continue to grow, we will be embarking on an exciting new building program for senior students, commencing in 2020. The new project will involve providing new contemporary classrooms, Science/STEM laboratories, Pottery and Textiles facilities.
Planned upgrades to the Junior Years play spaces and toilet facilities will also occur for 2020.
The College is adjacent to a Catholic Early Learning Centre and a shared community sporting facility.